Saturday, November 14, 2009

73/365 African Fog

There appears to be a definitive theme of beverages here.... not my intention - purely incidental!

The African Fog! THIS is the newest hot beverage in town and is available ONLY at Intermission House on Central Ave in Saskatoon. Yes, it is SO new that it was actually just invented this morning... kinda.

I have been sick for the past few days with awful nauseating dizzy spells the result of taking in a smidgen too much caffeine in my morning decafs and the odd Halloween leftover at the office. I am paying big time for this minor indulgence. So I asked Rob at Intermission House to help me out with something healthy - thus the African Fog - and it is not only warm and deliscious, it is down right good for you! AND full of antioxidants to rid your body of all those ugly chemicals in junk food.

The secret? Steamed milk, vanilla bean flavour and the infamous African red tea Rooibos with some Lemongrass tea thrown in for good measure.  Mmmmmm wonderful.
I am feeling better already - well at least not worse. This may very well replace my morning decaf on the way to work.


7 comments:

  1. I am not sure about this--for some reason my brain registers 'african FROG' and conjures up a mewing frog steeped in boiling water--blech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! too bad they didn't name it African Mist or Avalon Mist.....no frogs there--toads maybe but no frogs.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - you are just thinking about french men!
    It is a play on London Fog which is steamed milk with Earl Grey Tea. Since this is African Rooibus tea - it is an African fog. It is very similar to that very expensive drink you bought me a few weeks back -just not a latte.
    But the name is brand new and not up on the menu board - so have at it - if you can think of a play on a London Fog with African Rooibus and vanilla flavour - let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just too funny because my brain also read "frog" and I had to do a double take because it just wasn't making any sense!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm - that sounds wonderful! Mind if I steal the recipe??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay how about we call is and Afican Fog? Or a Red Tea Fog? or an African Smog?
    Recipe is easy laurie - steamed milk (home version is microwaved milk whipped up) and a good squirt of Vanilla Bean coffee flavoring, then throw in an African rooibus tea bag and let it steep in the milk.
    There are no frogs in this recipe however if you want to change it up - let me know how it tastes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. RED VELVET CAPE

    how's that. tell them to name it that, (then give you a freebie or ten,) becuz the redbush tea is produced in the western cape, capital is capetown. I also thought of "cape doctor" which is what the locals call a wind that cleans pollution...and 'the tablecloth' is a cloud that hangs over the mountain..i did my wikiresearch....but red velvet cape sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you are so smart - a red velvet cape! I am ordering one tomorrow morning on the way to work. Think Rob will know what I am talking about? If I am late for work you will know I am still at the coffee house explaining it to him...or I slept in because I was on the computer way to late!

    ReplyDelete