Wednesday, May 12, 2010

252/365 Fiddleheads

Every day I ask myself the same question with a minor variation.
"Man, have you been taking a photo every day for 252 days?"
And then I have this moment where I wonder if I will go into withdrawal symptoms when I reach 365 and stop. Or maybe I am addicted and won't be able to stop?
And then I wonder why I am doing this and really, does ANYBODY care? Don't answer that Paul!

And if it is just for me, then why upload? Heck if it is just for me I can think of other things to do to improve my photograpic skills....like purchase some Lightroom presets and Photomatrix.....but I digress.


from the garden after work today....



Fiddlehead ferns refers to the unfurled fronds of a young fern harvested for food consumption. The fiddlehead, or circinate vernation, unrolls as the fern emerges from the ground with new growth. As fiddleheads are harvested early in the season before the frond has opened and reached its full height, they are cut fairly close to the ground.

So this Sat morning the plan (and sweetheart doesn't know yet until he reads this) is to bicycle down to City Perks for coffee/tea (I am sworn off even decaf now), then to the farmers market for fiddleheads and then to the grocery store for butter.

If you haven't had fiddleheads lightly sauteed in butter....well you haven't tastes a true bit of Canadiana.

Sorry to make you read so much. It was a productive day at work and I am on a roll.....

4 comments:

  1. Those are really neat...and I care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurie...I can always count on you! :)
    and BTW - your photographic skills are increasing by leaps and bounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy that you are posting your pics..you are definitely inspiring me to go outside the preset settings on my camera, and learn a little

    ReplyDelete
  4. Set it on manual Angie! Then have fun!
    You can't learn a thing on auto.
    Ban the auto on a DSLR!!!

    ReplyDelete