Thursday, May 13, 2010

253/365 I Love Spring

I love spring. And it has been a little slow in arriving this year, but it is here in all its splendor! The lawn mowers are humming (smell that sweet grass?), the neighbours are out walking their dogs, I smell the BBQ's going. People are coming out from the long winter of hibernation and just reveling in the sun again.
Yup! Spring is wonderful.
And the  5 yr olds are in the field across the street are practicing their soccer skills. Well the dads are really trying, but the kids are more interested in just playing. But, oh my, how I am reminded of those spring evenings of soccer practice with the boys, or baseball. Setting up the lawn chairs, watching them 'practice' and trying to keep tabs on the baby and the toddler while visiting with other mothers. Ah, wonderful days. Cherish them! They will be gone in a flash!

And now, all nostalgia removed, I am gloating over my 70-200 zoom IS lens that captures these shots from a long way away! If you have a Canon - you NEED this lens!

I apologize again for my verbosity....my husband is out of town all this week..... it's quiet around here.
But perhaps it might encourage all you lurkers to comment???

5 comments:

  1. I love spring too - even though we don't really have a winter [snicker]. And I am trying to cherish these days..God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying spring as well! I think it has become my favorite season.
    Julie thanks to you and your 365 blog I am trying to take pictures every day with my little camera to document the Lord's faithfulness to us throughout 2010. The end of December Ken bought me a little Canon Power Shot SX120. (I have no idea what SX120 means.) Now all I need is to have you stop over for dinner and a lesson on how to use it properly. I'm trying. You have started me on a wonderful
    hobby that I now wish I had started years earlier. I am a bit snap happy now but having so much fun!
    Thanks for sharing all your snap shots and your life. I'm enjoying it!!
    Wendy in MD P.S. When can you all stop over? BIG SMILE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got a 75-300 lens...its awesome!!! I was testing it out at the race track last night, getting prepared for the races on saturday night. I can see so good all around the track with that thing.. I'll be able to see rick rubbing paint with the other trucks out there.. the only part that sucks about it, is even from way up in the stands, its hard to get a good picture on the front straight away...too close. Gonna really have to learn how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Angie - what you shooting with?
    You will get fast at changing lenses! Perfect lens for car racing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy, I hope you get this because I don't have your e-mail. If you ever post those photos from the Canon Powershot please let me know so I can take a look. We would love to visit Maryland and perhaps some day we will.
    Thanks for all your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete