Friday, May 13, 2011

133 of 365 Grandpa's Buffet

We call it grandpa's buffet because it was my grandfathers - which makes is quite old. Grandpa had this buffet up at Norway House Manitoba where the floors were often crooked - or maybe it was at Pine Falls Manitoba. Wherever it was, the story goes that in order for it to sit straight on the crooked floors of the old house or the grocery store and restaurant he owned, he had to trim the legs on one side.
When my Mom inherited the piece, it had to be trimmed down to sit flat again. Now I have it. The doors tend to not stay closed, it could use refinishing and it really doesn't hold much. It may get moved to the upstairs hallway and just hold towels. But for the 31 years of our marriage, it has been my buffet and held  a few treasures. And it is a little bit of my wonderful Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment