Wednesday, November 16, 2011

320 of 365 Water

Water. I use it to boil my potatoes, make my tea, soak egg off my plates and flush my toilet. I drink clean pure water every day to satisfy the 70% of my body that is water.  I don't really think about it. I just use it ~ whenever I want.
The flash and the shutter catch the droplets from a pouring tap in the kitchen. There are crystals; beautiful precious crystals. And I think about beautiful, precious water.
It covers about 70 percent of the Earth yet only 3 percent of the world's water supply is freshwater, and 77 percent of that is frozen. 
It's just water but isn't is wonderful?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Kristen!
    Yes Laurie - 100mm 2.6 macro with 2 flashes off camera and set wb to tungstun. I put a red filter on one of the flashes but ended up playing with the wb in Lightroom anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific photo, Julie.

    Wonderful water, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...very interesting. Amazing what can be done with off camera lighting! Love it!

    ReplyDelete