Thursday, September 20, 2012

264 of 365 Reading by the Light

It has been one of those crazy days. I have spent most of it in my office cleaning up the shelves so i can move lenses and 'stuff' off my desk that has been hidden for months. It has also been a day of leaving behind all creativity and getting the yucky part of the photography business under control. I spent about 7 hours today on a spreadsheet figuring out my CDB. It was a very busy summer. I am still finishing up with a few clients (well 7 actually) getting orders printed and photos ready. But it was time to start entering all those expenses and see what the bottom lines is. It is the part that creatives hate to touch but if we are to survive in the creative art of this photography business, then touch it, embrace it, we must. The numbers look pretty healthy though. :) And it really feels good to see on paper what and where all my expenses are. So, due to lack of time and a creative mind that has been shut down today, the 365 ended up being a shot of my accountant reading by the light.


No comments:

Post a Comment