Thursday, November 1, 2012

306 of 365 Canon 5D Mk III

The Canon 5D Mk 3 came on the market this summer. It has faster/better auto focus, 6fps and a few other rather desirable features - my fav being the silent shutter (weddings!). It also came with a hefty price tag ~ $3400. I love my 5D Mk II ( I have 2 of them because I shoot weddings) and they are relatively new.  I couldn't justify the price of the Mk III and the Mk II produces fabulous photos for me. It is after all more about the photographer then the camera right?

Took this photo of my 5D Mk II with my...... 5D Mk II. :)

But today Canon announced a sudden drop in price of the Mk III.... to just under $3000. Word on the street is they are getting stiff competition with Nikon D800, D600 and Canon's up coming D6. So will this price last??? Probably not. Should I sell one of my Mk II's? And get the Mk III?
My husband says go for it.
I love this guy!

Anyone interested in my Mk II - a fabulous camera!  I paid $2700.00 for it. The Mk II has dropped too. Sells for $1900.00 with a $200 Canon rebate at Don's right now. But that price probably won't last. If you were thinking of the Mk II and wanted it new, you won't see it go much lower then that for a long time. But if you want a used one in great condition I may sell it for $1400.00 - I have two of them that I switch out so it hasn't had as much use as you might think. I have ALL the original packaging - battery and battery charger too.
If you are interested, leave a comment or click on "contact me" above.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhh!!! Too bad I haven't got my money saved up for my new camera, I would have bought it from you. Enjoy your new camera Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't bought the Mk III yet - just deliberating but I have 2 interested. hang in there. By next year the Mk II will come down again and it will still be an excellent camera.

    ReplyDelete